Free CPR Training
This FREE class will be held at the
Falls of Schuylkill Library, 3501 Midvale Avenue
Friday, February 23 at 1 pm
Please register here online or by emailing email@example.com
East Falls Village is sponsoring the first in a series of FREE trainings in Hands-Only Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR).
The trainings will be conducted by Lt. Claire Shuster, Mobile Integrated Health Unit, Philadelphia Fire Department.
The CPR Training takes less than an hour and can double or triple a person’s chance of survival from cardiac arrest.
The training will include the following:
- The difference between sudden cardiac arrest and a heart attack
- Videos and demonstrations of using CPR and an AED (Automatic External Defibrillator)
- Instruction in and actual practice in performing CPR on mannequins (Bring a pad, pillow, towel, or blanket to kneel on, but if you cannot get on the floor for the practice, your mannequin can be placed on a table for you)
- What an AED (Automatic External Defibrillator) is and how to use one. (There is one in the Falls Library.)
- What to do if someone is choking.
Each year, more than 350,000 cardiac arrests occur outside of a hospital. Studies show that Hands-Only CPR is equally effective as conventional CPR, and people are more likely to feel comfortable performing it. Bystander CPR, especially if administered immediately, can triple a cardiac arrest victim’s chance of survival.
NOTE: This training does not offer certification.